Word Play: Strange Ramblings

« Home | Heavenly Salad » | Acts of Generosity » | James Dean Lived Here » | Planes, Trains, and a Trip to New York City » | Manicures are Materialistic » | New Layout » | Accepting Boredom » | The Normal Plan » | Teens will be Teens » | psuedo-summer »

Strange Ramblings

My little salad escapade didn't quite turn out as planned.
Just a word of advice- don't attempt to take short cuts when making a new recipe. Canned chicken and cooked chicken breast are not even remotely similar in taste. Canned chicken tastes EXACTLY like canned tuna... and if you aren't much of a tuna fan, it doesn't create a very tasty salad.

In other news, THE NORTH CAROLINA HURRICANES WON THE STANLEY CUP! Seeing as I'm moving to Raleigh, North Carolina in less than a month, this is an important event. I watched the game on tv last night, and it was absolutely amazing. It was a 3 to 1 game against the Edmonton oilers and a blast to watch. I kind of wish that I was in Raleigh right now to experience the excitement... but I doubt it would be as much fun if I didn't know anyone there.

I'm considering joining the girl's hockey league when I move there. I almost joined the Boise Blades girl's hockey this year, but the rink is just so far from my house that it would suck far too much time out of my life. We'll see, we'll see. Its difficult to balance hockey, all Advanced Placement classes, and have some semblance of a social life. I just have to set my priorities straight.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to miss Boise.
I'm not sure how much I'll like Raleigh.
There are just so many uncertainties right now and dwelling on them won't help with anything. I'll just have to live day-to-day once I get there.

I didn't sleep well last night. I had a series of strange dreams that I don't really remember now, I just know that they were quite crazy. I went to bed late, and woke up early. I hate nights like that. I guess I could go back to sleep now, but i've never been good at napping.

My little personal space heater is on. Its June. Why am I always so cold? My hands are ALWAYS freezing, and my nails are often a pale shade of blue. cute.
Maybe I'm dying of some strange disease and I don't even know it! How depressing.

Here is my question of the day, lets see if you can answer it:
How, in your opinion, should happiness be measured?

I'm hoping to start including a question every day... just to have a little um.. audience participation. We could make it the Word Play Game Show! okay, thats going a bit far. Maybe it will just keep you coming back... because, you know, thats my true goal.

Well this post has been all over the place. From salads to hockey to game shows. Maybe its time I stop writing before things really get out of control.

Shalom!
~whitney~

I always measure happiness based on the number of times I really laugh during a day. I'm at my happiest when just laughing at things.

Cool blog. Keep up the good posting - you might get a new reader.

Matt.

Ever since this past weekend, I've been having weird dreams, too. My dreams are of me being back in school. Every dream takes place in one of the schools I attended. I know it's because my son is graduating this Friday, but it's still a bit weird feeling to dream of school this much.

The only dreams I remember seem to be the scary ones. Probably because I like the scary ones. Well, dont really like them while they're happening. But after I wake up, im always going, 'WOW, what a killer dream'. LOL.

I dont think you're dying of any diseases, I think its a female thing. Seems like a lot of females are always cold when its not really cold at all, thats what i've observed anyway.

Not a hockey fan, so nothing to really say about that.

Hope your move goes smooth, and you adapt quickly.

Happiness to me is something that is inside of each person, and very unmeasurable by anyone but ourselves. It doesnt have to be an outward expression (although it can be), but it definitely has to be an inward expression. So really, I think we all can only ask ourselves if we are a 'happy' person or not.

Take care...LATERs

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Whitney Davis
  • From Eagle, Idaho, United States
  • I try to see the best in each situation and I believe that happiness is often a choice. I don't like being home and would rather be spending my time with my friends... people I try to choose wisely. I've made many mistakes, but I've learned from each of them, so in retrospect I'm glad I experienced them. Life is a collection of events that has helped me grow as an individual.
My profile

Links

Subscribe to this blog's feed
[What is this?]