Word Play: Planes, Trains, and a Trip to New York City

« Home | Manicures are Materialistic » | New Layout » | Accepting Boredom » | The Normal Plan » | Teens will be Teens » | psuedo-summer » | Ninja Lessons and a Demonic Media Industry » | The Beginning »

Planes, Trains, and a Trip to New York City

In two hours I leave to board a plane and travel an additional six hours to New York City. I am a TERRIBLE overpacker. My suitcase is filled to the brim. I've packed three pairs of jeans, four pairs of shorts, four skirts, and one dress. Yes, the trip is only five days long and I have, at the very least, twelve outfits. Yet you never know how the weather will be. At least I'll always be prepared.

So John and I talked on the phone for about two hours last night and he is transfixed by the idea that I do, in fact, eat the crusts off my pizza. Now this seems trivial doesn't it? No, no it isn't. Before he got to know me, he thought that I'd be one of those people who left the crust behind. (yes, he did think about this) Now here is my question. What does it MEAN if you eat the crusts as opposed to not eating them? Wouldn't leaving them behind be wasteful and impractical? Well John and Glen (we did a three way call.. to see if the mighty Glen knew the answer) didn't have a set answer for me. They said that it showed aspects of someone's personality, but that it was more of a feeling and couldn't be explained. Yes, its true, we really did spend around thirty minutes discussing crusts. Weird? yes.

Sometimes I wish that people still traveled by train. Many a movie began with the protagonist stepping off a train in a foreign location. I guess the modern day equivalent is the airport, but that just seems less romantic. Old movies, though not realistic, are often the greatest love stories I can think of.

This was meant to be a lengthy post, but I'm still packing things last minute so it isn't as long as I first hoped. I am hoping that there is an internet cafe close to my hotel in NYC and I'll be able to post a blog or two, but no promises there.

I'm off to explore a world full of museums, stores, Broadway shows, great food, hobos (NYC has plenty), subways, taxis, and bustling business men and women. Leave comments and I'll be sure to get back to you when I return, if not before.

"Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed." - Mel Brooks
~whitney~

P.S. Here is a second quote, simply because it made me laugh, though I don't know why. I don't even agree with this. My strong feminist side says no... but I often play the fool anyways. It IS the world we live in.

"That's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

P.P.S. I hate dumbing myself down. I should stop. But I've also been called intimidating multiple times so I think I dumb myself down to appear more approachable. It isn't working. The end. really.

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Whitney Davis
  • From Eagle, Idaho, United States
  • I try to see the best in each situation and I believe that happiness is often a choice. I don't like being home and would rather be spending my time with my friends... people I try to choose wisely. I've made many mistakes, but I've learned from each of them, so in retrospect I'm glad I experienced them. Life is a collection of events that has helped me grow as an individual.
My profile

Links

Subscribe to this blog's feed
[What is this?]