Word Play: The Normal Plan

« Home | Teens will be Teens » | psuedo-summer » | Ninja Lessons and a Demonic Media Industry » | The Beginning »

The Normal Plan

I've come to the conclusion that unless I completely set my mind to it, I'm not going to end up in amazing shape. For the last month or so, I've exercised half-heartedly, which keeps me somewhat toned, but doesn't make a world of difference. So, now that I've come to this realization, all it takes is actually doing it.

Here is the plan:
walk 5 miles today
do 50 crunches
25 butterflies
1 mile elliptical
yoga

Food wise:
I'm only going to eat breakfast if I'm hungry (which, luckily, I'm not right now)
eat only fruits, yogurts, cereals, and rice
under 1500 calories.

I can do that.

Now, for more entertaining subjects. I got a book called "The Devil in Details," an autobiography about a girl with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It is always nice to read a book about someone more unusual than yourself. It sounds terrible, but by reading about other's misfortunes, I get the feeling that I'm comparatively normal, and that makes me happy.

But who decides what is truly normal? (uh oh, here comes the philosophical question of the day) Really though, there is this standard that we are supposed to live up to. A normal person dresses a certain way, eats three meals a day, talks a certain way.... etc. Normal people enjoy the same activities, the same thoughts... so is normalcy just robbing us of our originality? Probably, if you read this blog, you'd realize that I'm not quite the normal 16-year-old, though I may appear to be on the outside. Its just a thought that I've been mulling over in my mind and felt like sharing. Strange, strange world.

Back to the "getting in amazing shape plan." Why do I even want to? Just to live up to these above-and-beyond normalcy dreams I guess. But what? Do I think I'll make more friends just because I'm skinnier and more in shape? No... but yes.
I think I have a phobia of becoming fat.
scary.

I leave for New York City on Tuesday and I haven't even really thought about it. It is just at a wierd time. Everything is so busy with us moving that it seems such a strange time to go on vacation. We're seeing two Broadway shows, Spamalot and Avenue Q... so I'm quite excited for both of those.

I guess that is about all for the moment. I've gotten the idea to promote my blog and see if I can reel in some other readers, not just John. (I love you John, but sometimes you've just got to branch out.)

Off for my walk!
~whitney~

Hey, I just stumbled upon your blog from Technorati, and it seems well-written and fun.

Have fun in NYC - I've heard Avenue Q is hilarious.

Just got your comment on my blog. Am very jealous that your blog is so much nicer looking, now that I have had to look at my blog again.

I want to give you my e-mail and AIM so we can talk and continue the mutual praise society, but I don't want it displayed publicly. Can you check your private messages at WritingUp?

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Whitney Davis
  • From Eagle, Idaho, United States
  • I try to see the best in each situation and I believe that happiness is often a choice. I don't like being home and would rather be spending my time with my friends... people I try to choose wisely. I've made many mistakes, but I've learned from each of them, so in retrospect I'm glad I experienced them. Life is a collection of events that has helped me grow as an individual.
My profile

Links

Subscribe to this blog's feed
[What is this?]