Word Play: Ghost Towns and Down Days

« Home | Concerts and Balloons » | Scientology » | Redheads Shouldn't Be in the Sun... Ever » | The Lakehouse and the Future » | Strange Ramblings » | Heavenly Salad » | Acts of Generosity » | James Dean Lived Here » | Planes, Trains, and a Trip to New York City » | Manicures are Materialistic »

Ghost Towns and Down Days

Beleive it or not, there are some plus sides to living in Idaho. I can't think of many at the moment, but there has to be some.
Just kidding, Idaho really does have positive qualities. It has a beautiful landscape with mountains and lakes, and.... *drumroll* ghost towns!!

John and I went to explore Idaho City today. During the 1800s, 300 million dollars in gold were found there, more than the 49ers found down in California! It was a pretty interesting place.

We walked about a mile (well, two miles because we got lost a couple times) to the cemetary. It was interesting to see the headstones dating back to the 1840s. The highlight of the day was when we watched a cowboy play, complete with dynamite and robberies! We had a nice little chat with the 9th and 10th fastest sharpshooters in the nation, as well as the second fastest female sharpshooter in the world and next weekend they're teaching me to shoot.
















it was exciting, to say the least.

Now on to other subjects. I've been a little on the depressed side today, though I'm not quite sure why. All I want to do is eat and sleep. Not a good cycle. I hate being depressed. I hate how mean I am to my family when I don't feel well. I hate spending my entire day sleeping. But I don't know how to snap out of it at all.
Vicious.

Michelle is coming over, and maybe she can cheer me up, because I'm incapable of doing it alone.

Question of the Day:
If you were to do something outside your comfort zone and completely uncharacteristic, do you feel that that would change other peoples views of you or would they be able to tell that you were trying something new?

~whitney~

Without a doubt, they would know that I was trying something new. Probably depends on how long the people have known you though. To people you havent known so long, it may affect there view of you more than someone that knows every quirk about you.

The ghost town sounds cool. I know there are some in Utah too, I havent had a chance to visit any though. Thats something to put on the to do list I think. An old cemetary like that sounds killer. I bet that would spooky as heck to visit at night. OOOOOOOOOO!!!

I will say that i won't do something which doesn't come under my comfort zone. If i do, i only feel miserable. So, the question doesn't arise how other feels about it. ; - )

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

Enjoyed a lot! film editing schools

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Whitney Davis
  • From Eagle, Idaho, United States
  • I try to see the best in each situation and I believe that happiness is often a choice. I don't like being home and would rather be spending my time with my friends... people I try to choose wisely. I've made many mistakes, but I've learned from each of them, so in retrospect I'm glad I experienced them. Life is a collection of events that has helped me grow as an individual.
My profile

Links

Subscribe to this blog's feed
[What is this?]